Tuesday, August 5, 2008

3 weeks and 4 days to go!

Hello!
It's been a while since I've last written, but so much has been going on! I had my bridal shower on July 26th and it was so much fun! It was a great turnout and we had a fabulous time! My Matron of honor- Bonnie Ferrell and Maid of honor- Patrice Shapiro, along with Patrice's two sisters- Rebecca Humphreys and Corryne Lee (basically my sisters!) planned the whole thing and did such an outstanding job. The food was so yummy, the games were creative and fun and the decorations were adorable! I loved it and totally felt like the bride! It was great =)




We ordered the cake this past Saturday. It was really fun tasting all the samples and designing it ourselves. We're just hoping it turns out as good in reality as it seems in our heads! We'll find out soon! Haha.





We also went shopping this past weekend for all of the move-in essentials. The cleaning producs, toilet paper, paper towels, air fresheners, matches, hand soaps, ziplock bags, bug spray, blah blah blah blah blah!! I couldn't believe that we ended up with 2 carts full of stuff!! And we haven't even started stocking up on food yet! I didn't realize how many things are essential in a home. It's crazy! But we had alot of fun and we got even more excited to move Jer in to the apartment on August 15th.

Carmen (from the bridal shop where I bought my wedding dress) called today... My dress has arrived!!! I can't even believe it! I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for my first fitting. I'm sooooo ecstatic! I feel like I've been waiting forever to get my dress and it's finally here!! My wedding day attire is now complete. I have my undergarments, shoes, jewelry, the beautiful veil that Jeremiah's mom made for me and now my dress. It's really starting to sink in that I'm going to have the wedding I've always dreamed of and that it's my turn to be the bride! Yay!!

Anyways, we've received almost all of our response cards back. Tomorrow is when we were hoping to have them returned so I'm hoping the rest will come in. We have to give the caterer a final head count soon. So we have to have the exact number. I'll cross my fingers and wait and see!


xoxo
C&J

1 comment:

Candace & Peter McVey said...

How fun! We are so happy for you guys! It is so crazy how much stuff you need when you move in somewhere new...You will prob still make 50 trips to Target! LOL Can't wait to hear about the wedding & see pics! Enjoy this time b/c it goes so fast! Congrats!